SFA School Mission Statement & Philosophy
-Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. - Proverbs 22:6
St. Francis of Assisi School is dedicated to educating a diverse community of students. Founded in 1923, we integrate the traditions and principles of the Catholic faith in a comprehensive educational program. All instruction is aimed to empower our students with the ability to thrive in an ever-changing world and encourage students to develop into morally aware and intellectually advanced members of the global community.
We believe that:
- The Catholic faith permeates all aspects of the educational programs in our school including reaching out to the community as stewards of God’s mission.
- Effective education develops the whole student - spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically.
- All students have a right to safety, respect, and learning.
- Creativity, communication, collaboration, and critical-thinking skills are promoted through differentiated instruction in the 21st century classroom.
- A learning community is comprised of active involvement and shared responsibility among students, parents, teachers, administrators, and members of the community.
- Students need to develop self-discipline and social conscience.
- Lifelong learning and risk-taking are necessary for continuous improvement in order to be successful in a changing society.
- High expectations lead to academic excellence.